Here’s a quick tip for Mac users. Customising file icons is slightly different using El Capitain as we discovered when we attempted to add the creativelab icon to a USB disc.
- In the Finder, navigate to the file with the icon you wish to use. A pixel based format such as Jpeg or PNG is preferred.
2. Open the file in Preview.
Open in Preview
3. Choose File>Select all and then File>Copy to copy the selection.
Select all and copy
4. Back in the Finder, select the file or disc and then File>Get Info
5. Highlight the icon at the top left of the Info panel, select File>Paste. The icon is replaced.
Paste new icon
To revert to the original icon, select the icon to be removed then select File>Cut. The original icon will be restored.by